MMP Policy Statement — January 2019
- It is the intention of MMP that all reasonably practicable measures will be taken to minimize risk to its employees or others who may be affected by its operations. In every case, a high practicable standard of Health, Safety and Security will be pursued. MMP is committed to the integration of Health, Safety and Security into all areas of corporate activity, to achieve zero harm and to implement a process of continual improvement in this regard.
- This policy will be reviewed at the discretion of the Managing Director.
- The Managing Director is responsible for the oversight of the Health, Safety and Security Policy and for the effective implementation, management and review of Health, Safety and Security management. MMP’s Quality Management System QMS Manager is responsible for its effective and economic operation and development on a day-today basis.
- Management and supervisory staff have the responsibility for implementing this policy throughout MMP to ensure that Health, Safety and Security considerations are always given priority.
- All employees and contractors are expected to cooperate with undertaking this policy, so that their own work, as far as is reasonably practicable, is carried out with minimum risk to themselves and others.
- It is the policy of MMP to operate in accordance with its Quality Management System (QMS) that addresses Health, Safety and Security and is based on, and conforms to, the International Standard ISO 45001:2018. Safety managers are available to assist with the implementation of this policy, and provide information, advice and support to employees on Health, Safety and Security matters. The QMS also addresses the security of employees working in places with potentially hostile environments.
- MMP continuously evaluates its places of work to identify potential sources of harm and encourages all personnel to identify and report potential risks which may impact Health, Safety and Security.
- Adequate financial and technical resources will be made available to allow this policy to be implemented effectively. Information and training on Health, Safety and Security will be provided to all staff as necessary for them to carry out their work safely and without risk to health.
- This policy provides the framework for setting and reviewing health, safety and security objectives at different levels and this Policy Statement will be
- Displayed in appropriate locations throughout MMP.